Win a Trip to Scotland Contest: Full T&C
Posted on Oct 01, 2017
a. Eligibility: This contest is open to all residents in Malaysia above the age of 18 (eighteen). Employees of The Social Group, their immediate family members, advertising agencies, advisers, franchisees, suppliers, and any other persons who are directly involved in organizing, promoting, and/or conducting this contest are not eligible to participate in the contest.
b. Contest Period: The contest runs from 1st October 2017 until 2300hrs (11:00pm) on 31st March 2018.
c. Contest Mechanics:
To enter the contest, participants must:
- Purchase from a selection of items from The Scotland Trail Map.
• Minimum requirement: 1 flight of whisky from our Scotland Trail menu.
- Collect your “Boarding Pass” (Raffle entry) through purchase of the following items:
• Equal to 2x 30ml shots of whisky
• Choose from a selection of 8 flights within the Scotland Trail.
• 1 flight purchased = 1 Boarding Pass issued (1 entry)
• Equal to 1x 750ml bottle of whisky
• Choose from a selection of 16 bottles within the Scotland Trail.
• 1 Bottle purchased = 3 Boarding Passes issued (3 entries)
1 Complete Map
• Equal to 8 flights (16x 30ml shots) whisky
• You may fast-track your chances of winning instantly AND save cost by purchasing the RM600 Special Package.
• 1 Complete Map purchased = 16 Boarding Passes issued (16 entries)
- Mark each region with the Sticker provided
• The Scotland Trail Map consists of 7 whisky regions in total.
• Upon completion of each region, you may mark it with the appropriate sticker.
• This step is optional, but helps you identify your journey progression within the Scotland Trail.
- How to increase your chances of winning
• By obtaining as many Boarding Passes as possible.
• See Point 2. above to identify how many Boarding Passes are allocated per item purchased.
- Details to be included on your Boarding Pass
• Full Name of participant in “Passenger” field
• Phone Number - winners will be contacted on this number (example: +6012-345-6789)
• Participants to submit the tearable side titled “Sláinte”, with your complete details, to the outlet.
• Please keep the other side of the tear-off until the contest ends. This side contains your unique serial code (“Seat No.”) which will verify you as the winner.
1 Boarding Pass = 1 entry to win
d. 20% Bottle Voucher
- 1 (one) 20% bottle discount voucher will be presented upon completion & submission of the map.
- This voucher entitles you to 20% off any bottle of your choice within the Scotland Trail
20% Bottle Voucher Terms & Conditions:
i. Only at participating outlets The Social, El Mesón and Ekkamai.
ii. Non transferrable for cash.
iii. The discount is applicable within a single receipt.
iv. Should there be more than 1 (one) bottle purchased from the Scotland Trail within the same receipt, the 20% discount will be applied on the item with the lowest value.
e. Winner’s Selection:
- Participants will be sent an e-invitation via either WhatsApp or e-mail to attend the Prize Draw Event. Failure to attend and accept the prize will result in their prize being forfeited and offered to the next eligible participant. Prizes are non-transferable.
- 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner, 1 (one) 2nd Prize Winner and 1 (one) 3rd Prize Winner will be selected at random during the Prize Draw Event.
- Winners will be given 13 (thirteen) calendar days (until Friday, 20th April 2018) to confirm their attendance and travel details to the organizer.
- The Social Group reserves the right to cancel the participation and eligibility of the participant without any prior notice if The Social Group discovers that he or she has disturbed or manipulated the contest in any way. The Social Group’s decision is final. No further discussions will be entertained once the winners are announced.
- 3rd Prize worth RM5,000
• 2 (two) limited edition bottles of whisky.
• The Social Group reserves the right to select the mystery prizes, which will be announced and presented to the winner at the Event Draw.
- 2nd Prize worth RM10,000
• 16 (sixteen) bottles of whisky featured in the Scotland Trail.
• Prizes will be presented upon announcement of the winner on the Event Draw.
• The Social Group reserves the right to substitute prizes for an equivalent.
- Grand Prize worth RM 18,000
• 1 (one) x 4 (four) days & 3 (three) nights trip to Scotland for 2 adults (Aged 18 years as of travel (return) date)
• 1 (one) personally signed bottle by Sir Dennis Malcolm to be received on the trip
• 1 (one) VIP guided tour to the Glen Grant Distillery for 2 adults
30 Apr Travelling to Inverness
01 May Arrival in Inverness. Check in to Hotel
02 May Glen Grant Distillery Visit with Sir Dennis Malcolm
03 May Speyside Whisky Festival (optional)
04 May Check out of Hotel. Depart from Inverness
05 May Arrival at Kuala Lumpur
Package includes the following:-
i. Return Air Ticket on Economy Class by British Airways or similar.
ii. 3 nights Hotel Accommodation at The Mansion House Hotel & Country Club (Room + Breakfast).
iii. Roundtrip Transfer for Airport and Glen Grant Distillery.
iv. Admission Fees for 2 Adult VIP pass at the Glen Grant Distillery in Rothes, Speyside.
v. A more detailed itinerary will be sent to the Grand Prize winner closer to the date of travel.
Prize Terms & Conditions:
i. 2 adults, travelling on same flight.
ii. All transfers and transportation as stated in the itinerary by sharing vehicle with other customers.
iii. For customers who has extended their stay for a few more days, customer is required to make your own arrangement (including airfare) to transfer out at your own cost.
iv. Itinerary is subject to change without prior notice.
v. Package is valid for utilization from 30th April 2018 until 5th May 2018, where journey performed must be within those dates and further extension of dates, if any.
vi. Package is not transferable and is strictly not exchangeable for cash.
f. Prize Claim: By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations and the decisions of the organizer. Winners will need to acknowledge their appointment as a winner and respond with their personal contact information as requested by the organizer.
Only submissions received during the advertised contest week will be accepted. ANY comments that are racially charged, religiously charged, and politically related will be immediately disqualified. Participants are solely responsible for their social media uploads and actions.
Upon announcement of winners, ownership of prizes is transferred to the winner instantly. The Social Group reserves the right to use the winners’ names and/or photographs for purposes of publicity, advertising, and/or trade without further compensation. The Social Group’s decision on all matters relating to this contest is final and no further correspondence will be entertained. The Social Group is not, nor shall be held, responsible for any technical malfunction in connection to this contest.
Sir Dennis Malcolm, Master Distiller of Glen Grant has been awarded an OBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to business and the community in Speyside.